Keeping The Monday Red Beans Tradition Alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Well, my wife cooked those red beans yesterday for us to have for dinner tonight so we did. I came home and grilled some Cajun sausage to go along with the beans even though they have smoked sausage in them. Good stuff!
Who can complain about a good plate of the traditional Monday meal?
img_257323_0_fe4fc0bfd4aea0f472d108538abdfb1f.jpg

Got a little of my homemade pepper relish on the side.

That is one fantastic looking plate of beans!!! If I had that big of plate of beans I would be singing all night!!!! On the bright side, the dog and I would have the bed to ourselves!!!

Dang now that meal looks highly fittin. Excellent job Sir! Now do reserve the right to nag when I see the recipe..what kinda sausage etc. lol. It best not vary much from whut Justeen say about it..and I like it to taste like Popeyes Chicken makes. Is that doable? Thanks.

As for Larry the answer would be fiercly and with some good bread to sop up all the sauce! I like it

French bread is for making french sandwiches..wee wee? Them beans are crying out for un sweet cornbread.

Well BW, I ain't never had Red Beans & Rice in New Orleans without the traditional elongated crusty white bread. It's kinda like makin' Boudin without the pork liver. Maybe those Yankees up near Bossier City would like the cornbread option tho.

French bread is for making french sandwiches..wee wee? Them beans are crying out for un sweet cornbread.

Well Justeen say all the yankees congregate in Baton Rouge..so we might need to double check on this deal..lol. Texican cajones could also get by with much less rice. I like a thimble full for a big bowl of beans. Do they get that stuff free down there or something? They seem to eat it a lot.

Yep, well not exactly free but back in '75 or so you could get a big plate of "Gas & Swamp Seed" with as much bread as you wanted for 50 cents. :cool:

Sounds like a winner to me. Could lead some to infer that a preference for rice vs cornbread follows a definite pattern on which side of the Sabine you happened to be hatched. Does this sound logical? Now some of them swamp critters from the deep SE of God's Country might eat that stuff too. I aint been down there too much. I know they have a bunch of funny sounding Frog Eating Frenchie names. That might be a clue.

It's not that much of a mystery. This is how ya figure it...

If you live where they grow Cotton, it's Cornbread.

If you live where they grow Sugar Cane, It's Rice.

What adds to the confusion is the song by Louis Jordan, "Beans & Cornbread". I think he was from where they grow the Cotton. :)

Wow that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining it. I heard about one of the Sugar Can Cajones go to Dairy Queen in Foat Wuth and ordered a cheesebuger please. The waitress say.."Want everything on it?" Budrow say.."Heck no..cut the rice...you think I am some kind cajone or somethng?" He was trying to be cowbody ya know?

Back
Top Bottom