Muffaletta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Believe the lady say she uses French Bread. Pilfered from Food.Banter. Thanks to Janet Wilder.

>quote<

* Exported from MasterCook *

Muffaletta - Nola Cuisine

1 Recipe Olive Salad
1/4 lb Genoa Salami
1/4 lb Hot Capicola -- or coppa
1/4 lb Mortadella
1/8 lb Sliced Mozzarella
1/8 lb Provolone

Cut the bread in half length wise.

Brush both sides with the oil from your 1 week old Olive Salad, go a little heavier on the bottom.
Layer half of the Salami on the bottom half of the bread. Then the
Mortadella. Then the Mozzarella, then the Capicola, Provolone, and the remainder of Salami. Top this with the olive salad. Put the lid on and press it down without smashing the bread. Quarter it.

Yield:
"4 slices"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Muffaletta Olive Spread

1/2 cup black olives -- pitted and drained
1/2 cup green olives -- salad-type
1 stalk celery
2 tbsps capers
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil -- approx
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Chop the olives through garlic in the food processor. Add olive oil
until mixture just begins to loosen up. Transfer to a bowl and stir inherbs and pepper. Store in the fridge

NOTES : This spread is wonderful on a New Orleans style muffaletta sandwich but is also great on crostini, crackers and flour tortillas or pita bread points.
--
Janet Wilder

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good Sir. Let us know how it turns out. I tried it at home at least once trying to make my own Olive Salad with the whole shooting match bought at WW. Buying it already made should be just the ticket. It gets a bit pricey on the fancy olives and the roasted red peppers. The price of a small jar of those things can make a persons jaw drop. Couldnt add that much extra flavor dont seem like to me. Did not think of letting it age a week. Anyway it tasted very good. Think it was maybe Chef Folse's recipe. Surely not Emeril. I do not listen to that dipwad.

I use this recipe, but I drop the black olives and add some diced jalapenos. This is a good recipe.

Thanks for that input Sir! This palaver is bound to be enough to make some folks want to nibble on a tasty Muff. I wonder if anybody has thought of adding anchovies to the olive salad? Could it be the elusive flavor profile which Brother Buzz is seeking perhaps which can only be found in the Urban Dictonary? Nothing is ever as simple as it appears to the nekked eye huh?

Wow..thanks. Can you fix it? I forget where it is right now. I am busy doing science. Yall thawed out any? Got a kick out of the Stop Global Warming sign buried up to just slightly readable in future snow persons. Think some kinky Conn resident snapped that one. Know Alfgore will be proud. I think there may be something sinful going on up there for yall to get smited so much. I can do Exorcisms. Let me know.

Thanks. I will no longer consider Moderators as more worthless than tits on a slab of bacon. Its good to get occasional fresh insights into stuff like this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom