UDS Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not me lol..but nearly believe that is how the original LDS/BDS's were configured. Know they did not come with domed lids. They are vented by a few strategic holes drilled in the lid and around the bottom. Best put a handle on the lid. Its hard to hold when it gets hot. Also needs handles on the barrel. The racks just rested on bolts with nuts poked through the walls. Not a weld on it. The Little Drums sorta worked into a science. Five pounds of Kingsford and two chunks and come back later to find it cooked. Total set and forget.

I did but I sold that contraption. Didn't like the flavor it set upon the meat.
You might want to check with Cliff H. He is the king of the drum heads 'round these parts.;)

I have 2 racks on my but I have a dome lid. Got that at big lots for like $20 for the whole grill. If you like I can send you the bottom of the grill I am not using it, and I think it may fit on the drum. Let me see if it will then I could send it to you, just pay for the shipping.

Sorry some has got bad memories. Never heard anybody mention a crappy flavor. One of our best old chums cook two briskets or butts on his LDS each day feasible in warm weather while him and the little Bride frolicked in the frog pond. Then he followed a special secret procedure and drag his big pit out to chum the waters and heat up the goods in question on the Albertsons Parking lot to vend. The deal was he bought all the meat from them..wink wink..he operate under their health license etc. It drives the store totals nuts. Anybody who aint got tired of cooking should try it sometime. Very easy to get those gigs. The barrels cook just fine. I am getting upset.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom