decision time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pete1

Assistant Cook
I had a thread in the member introductions about what smoker to buy. Temp control being a big factor (sometimes I get busy and don't get back to check the smoker) I have decided on an electric smoker.

From what I have read on the forum the electric seem to work well. Now I will start shopping for brands. There seem to be several good ones out there.

Can't wait to get started.

Thanks for all the info on other thread, Pete

OK, OK, I give up. I just ordered the WSM from Amazon.

I actually wanted a charcoal cooker but was concerned about temp control. You guys convinced me.

Now another question. I have heard that lump charcoal is better than briquettes. Is this true and where can I find it?

OK, OK, I give up. I just ordered the WSM from Amazon.

I actually wanted a charcoal cooker but was concerned about temp control. You guys convinced me.

Now another question. I have heard that lump charcoal is better than briquettes. Is this true and where can I find it?

Good choice. Might want to invest in this also-
The BBQ Guru PartyQ Temperature Control
You can go to sleep or whatever and not have to worry ;)

Okay that is going to start a heated debate. CHARCOAL.

Here I guess I will start it off. Me personally, I really can't stand lump. For me it always burns way to damn hot, and does not last as long as the old trusty Kingsford Blue Bag. But hey that is just my opinion. I have not had any good luck with the lump that I bought.

LOL, now people will say that, when it starts, it has a bad odor, blagh, blagh, blagh. Truly the only way YOU will find out is for you to try different things. We can only offer opinion.

Lump...but not Cowboy brand (it burns too fast and makes too much ash).

Back
Top Bottom