Swimming Pool ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
That's funny, I didn't read where someone from New Jersey won the Lottery.

Just kidding guy, don't have an inground, I do have a 27' round above though with deck. If I could keep all my daughters friends out of it I might get a chance to enjoy it sometime.

If I had had the jingle I would have went in-ground.

Jersey, the in-ground pool I have has a vinyl liner. The previous owners of the house were the ones that put it in. If it had been me, I think I would have gone with gunite. Just seems more durable. Less problems. We've had to "patch" the vinyl several times. Some of my friends have gunite pools and have had no problems. Could be sheer luck, though. As far as the fiberglass pools...I don't know enough about them to comment, other than the fact that they seem pretty costly for the size you get.

I had a gunite pool with a Diamond Brite surface in Orlando (for 11 years) and never had a problem with it. Of course, the water never froze either. The pool at the house we just moved from had a liner ~ It was an older pool but we always had problems with the liner. In the more northern lattitudes when you close the pool, the water level is dropped well below the tile to avoid it's cracking but the gunite is reinforced and should withstand the expansion when the water freezes. If I do it again, I'm going with a gunite pool.

Back
Top Bottom