BBQ Central

BBQ Central (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   How Y'all doing. (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f30/how-yall-doing-22130.html)

TAC 10-05-2012 02:43 PM

How Y'all doing.

Hello, I'm from northern Arkansas, and just found this site. I've always wanted to find a BBQing community that I could join and the Societies dues are to much so I am kinda liking this place. As my bio says I started grilling around the age of 5 and now I'm 20 about to be 21 this month so I've been at it for about 15-16 years. I've learned many things over those years but BBQ, as with any style of cooking, is never perfected.

Looking forward to learning more things from all the users of this forum and hopefully I can teach someone else something.

Hambone1950 10-05-2012 06:08 PM

welcome !
what the heck did you grill at 5 ? ;-)

bigwheel 10-05-2012 07:13 PM

Hey TAC hearty welcome. Every kid starts with marshmallows on a stick or coat hanger of course. Right? I got blood kin who inhabits betwixt Beebe and Cabot. You ever get up that way any? They take huntin and fishin serious in that part of the world..not to mention flying critters. When Bambis aint in season they hit them with their cars just to get another load of meat I guess. Kindly dont be no stranger.

davidtxs 10-05-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwheel (Post 252839)
Hey TAC hearty welcome. Every kid starts with marshmallows on a stick or coat hanger of course. Right? I got blood kin who inhabits betwixt Beebe and Cabot. You ever get up that way any? They take huntin and fishin serious in that part of the world..not to mention flying critters. When Bambis aint in season they hit them with their cars just to get another load of meat I guess. Kindly dont be no stranger.

Dam what coat hanger ?? no wonder my fingers are sensitive to heat

and welcome almost neighbor im from plano

dledmo 10-05-2012 11:42 PM

Welcome to the nut house, lot's of good people and good information here. As for starting them young, I got a huge stink eye from my wife when for my youngest daughter's (and Daddy's helper) birthday I bought her an 8" chef's knife. She was also 5 and she has only cut herself once in 4 years.

TAC 10-06-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone1950 (Post 252838)
welcome !
what the heck did you grill at 5 ? ;-)

I actually started with potatoes, corn, and hamburgers.

TAC 10-06-2012 01:45 AM

Also it's nice to meet all yuns, and I have family down around Cabot also, bigwheel, and everyone has heard of mean pig bbq which was featured on Man vs. Food. also located in Cabot.

Bob In Fla. 10-06-2012 07:41 AM

Welcome. This group loves to see pictures of whatever you cook.

BOB

bbquzz 10-06-2012 09:56 AM

Welcome to the Forum, good to have you here!

DJ 10-09-2012 04:29 PM

Welcome!
dj

davidtxs 10-09-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 252916)
Welcome!
dj

Hey you look familiar

1MoreFord 10-09-2012 06:43 PM

Welcome to the forum neighbor.

bigwheel 10-09-2012 07:33 PM

Hey TAC sure the eldest of the male chillins knows all them folks in the general vicinity..he bees the grocery salesmen to most through an outfit known as Ben E. Keith. How many ribs do Mcclards go through in Hot Springs? lol..I know. Now as far as the young Plano resident roasting the Marshmellows in his hand..Whata Guy!! Senor DavidTXS es muy milo..lol. My grilling carrer started with Filet Mignons..thats Frog Eating Frenchie talk for the uniformed. I got a hard whuppin on that deal for putting celery salt on it. How was a young skull full of mush supposed to know about that kinda stuff? This was the next stage..plenty of gulf light..Kingsford etc. When the lighter fluid went out and the flames died it was time to eat as far as I can recall.