New Pressure Canner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Susan Z said:
Do they sometimes explode and kill you? Like old-fashioned pressure cookers?
Not any more. My Great Grandma got burned many years ago with a pressure cooker. I think it was more the stove than the cooker. It was a wood burner. Temps kind of hard to control. My mom won't come near the house if I have a pressure cooker on the stove. My Aunt got kicked by a horse one time, Might be why she don't like horses eather. :)

Yes I did Brian. The thing is so old and still heavy enough to can. But the model number has been worn off. I went around with it and a few places tried to match it up but it leaked around the lid. The poor thing is worn out. Lord knows how old it is. I got it from grandma when the farm was sold in 1968. Its been with me in the woods. Left in the woods all winter when I was a kid. Did many a ear of corn and other veg. over a fire. Not to mention all the turtle soup, And fish. It's just worn out, But still a good friend. I use it on the turkey fry burner for salt potatoes and what ever. It's stainless, I laugh every time I use it. The wife doesn't understand what a good cooking pal it is.First cooking utensil I ever owned. :D

Canning is great but a bunch of work. Homemade tomato juice is worth the trouble though. Bloody Marys made with it is the bomb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom