Grilled up some burgers tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamtorsoul

Assistant Cook
Pretty typical of how I usually do them. I threw some Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning on them and grilled them over charcoal with a little hickory thrown on them. I usually sauce my burgers for the last 15 minutes are so. These got a little darker than usual as I had to take a phone call. I was out of onion, but most of the time I throw a slice on. Overall, they turned out really good. The wife and I had French fries with them.

Nice cook! I'm guessing you did the burgers with an offset fire. I do mine over a hot grill for about 3-4 minutes a side for a little pink in the middle. What do you use for a sauce? Currently I like to top with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle sauce after the flip. My all time favorite sauce was Stonewall Peach and Habenero Finishing Sauce with some sharp cheddar cheese, but that company went out of business about 12 years ago.

dledmo said:
Nice cook! I'm guessing you did the burgers with an offset fire. I do mine over a hot grill for about 3-4 minutes a side for a little pink in the middle. What do you use for a sauce? Currently I like to top with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle sauce after the flip. My all time favorite sauce was Stonewall Peach and Habenero Finishing Sauce with some sharp cheddar cheese, but that company went out of business about 12 years ago.

Thanks. I don't always use offset fire to do burgers. My butcher discounts hamburger if you buy 10lbs so I break it up into 1lb bags and freeze them. This time I formed a few patties in bags and froze them. I let them thaw before I cooked them obviously, but I still wasn't sure how they'd cook, which is why I went with offset. As for sauce, I use Sweet Baby Rays also. This was Honey Barbecue, but I've used about all of their varieties.

Oh, and I don't usually answer the phone, but it was a call I needed to take.

Back
Top Bottom