Brisket rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MUShand

Senior Cook
I am working on my own rub. Why cuz its a challenge. Now then his do you all feel about sugar in your rub? I am experiencing a little too much crust on my brisket. Any suggestion

Knock your self out on the sugar. Use all you want. That sugar burning deal is an urban myth of some type. Watch out for tomato based sauces...syrup..honey and stuff like that. That can hurt a person if the heat aint right. Lot of good rubs out there which list sugar as ingredient numero uno. Got to base it on something. I prefer Hungarian paprika..but that just me. I am part Hungarian ya know?

The first 3 ingredients in any 'BBQ' rub should be salt, pepper and sugar, not in any particular order or amount but should be the three base ingredients. Just my opinion.

Feel free to use any sugar which you might like. The Turbinado version and the high dollar yup stuff from Merry Olde England gives a nice little molasses wallop if a person wants a homey touch. I aint got any problem with just salt n peppa..as long as there is some MSG to go with. Not sure where the girly men come from who claim to get menstrual cramps from it or whutever. A Billion Chicoms eat five pounds each every day. They dont seem to suffer from these maladies. Color me puzzled and skeptical.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom