Public Opinion Poll- Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whmaine

Cook
Hey all...

Remember I mentioned in my "new guy" post that smoking is really where I'd rather be headed? Someone in the next town (12-20 minutes away, depending) has listed a Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill on Craigslist.

http://maine.craigslist.org/for/3097725372.html

They want $50, which I wouldn't pay since it's nearly full price on a brand new one, but if I could snag it for $20, knowing what you know about the existing grill, whatcha think? I need to stay kinda portable for now, since it's an apartment situation, and I'm not yet to where I can go after a WSM...

Would you go for it, if you were in my position? I have to wait a couple days to get the $20 anyway, so voting is open!

Tri Tip not all Brinkmanns are bad LOL.....

Actually the price of a brand new one would be $10 cheaper.... Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill

I have 2 Brinkmann Smokers, but I am with Mike, and Toby on this one, that is a piece of junk and you will be spending more time and money on trying to figure out how to get it to keep its temp, or something else than it is worth.

Since you need to stay portable, have you considered using a regular Weber kettle charcoal grill for smoking???? I use mine like this all the time. All you do is set it up for indirect heat, and add wood chips to it... Easy to do but yet it is effective. This way you can stay portable, get the smoke you want, but not have to shell out alot of money, especially if you don't have it. It is not full on smoking but gives somewhat of the same effect. Just another route you can go until you can get a proper smoker.

Max is spot on. I've gotten 5 - 6 hr smokes on my kettle. Add another 5-6 if you want to add more charcoal. You can get a kettle off CL for $30 bucks. If you need more capacity get another. you got a grill too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom