Jalapeno Question ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I'm doing a retirement party for my wife this Wednesday and will be doing 50-60 ABTs. Can I prep the jalapenos a day or two in advance or will they deteriorate by Wednesday afternoon when I stuff them? I'm hoping to chop the top and core them and then store in the fridge .... any thoughts?

I've cored stuffed and rolled the night before and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my intergalactic communicator using Tapatalk

This is probably a little late for this time, but for next time...

I've tried cleaning the peppers (almost any kind) ahead of time and also cleaning and stuffing ahead of time.

In my experience, the peppers dried out more if they weren't stuffed before storing. They were a little more "limp" when stuffing, but in the finished/cooked product, I doubt anybody could tell the difference.

I DON'T recommend cooking ahead and reheating. Yes, they were still edible, but the whole thing pepper and stuffing tasted "soggy".

BOB

Too late to be any help..but next time..instead of coring them just split lengthwise down the middle scoop out the seeds with a Teaspoon or baby food spoon works good..then fill em up and wrap. Then it only needs half a strip of bacon and doubles the amount of snacks. Cuts back a little on the manuel labor. Bound to be the right way cuz thats how I do it...lol. Wear rubber gloves and do not touch Mama in the right or wrong place for a few days. That really gets wimmen hot for some reason.

Don't know why but I am a chop the top and core guy and can do it pretty fast. Did do something new for me, someone here told about this, seems it had to be Nick or Cappy, but I dropped a pineapple piece in before stuffing. It was a big hit. I do use one of these to stuff the ABT's. BTW the party went well.

Only picture I took was the ABT's, but really didn't want to show you I didn't wrap them :oops: I did two bricks of cream cheese, pound of sausage and did 48 peppers, seems I had to load the shooter three times to stuff 48.

Back
Top Bottom