Cleaning the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JB2228

Assistant Cook
Howdy everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has any good techniques for cleaning the inside of the weber smokey moutain. I made a little bit of a bad move, trying to use a cold smoking device inside it to smoke some cheese, and the pellets for the cold smoking device must have either been really green, or poorly made. They left this awful bitter/disgusting smell & alot of sticky black residue inside my smoker it clings to the walls and is just really rank. Does anyone have any cleaning tips, i took care of the grates already, so they are all good. But my smoker reeks of this offensive black residue. Is my WSM done for good? Will that smell ever come out? Help. Thanks for the any and all advise it is greatly appreciated.
The Rookie.

I was thinking one long really hot burn would clear it out, but was just wondering if that would damage anything internal....i guess only one way to find out.
thanks for the advice.

I had a problem last year with mold, washed 2 times with hot soapy water, burned it out highest temp i could get for 4 or so hours with hickory wood , then cooked 4 packages of bacon, then next day 4 more packages of bacon, then ribs that came out awsome. Maybe overkill but I think a good base seasoning makes good food.

Back
Top Bottom