Oinktoberfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep ~ Kloset's in there too along with the shirtless wonder. :grin: I heard some bad rumours about him (no shirt) from a couple of years ago... :eek:

BTW, I have a couple of pics of both Kloset and Uncle Bubba that I'll be posting ~ Don't know if I can get them all resized today though... :)

oompappy: All I can say is I'm prety sure none of your turn in's got to my table. I was the ONLY KCBS judge at the table. We got garbage Q! Around here it has to be pulled pork mush, Tons of sauce on ribs, Crisp skin on chicken, And no one knows what brisket is. I have judged the (pro) contest fron the start in 2002 any table that got bark on a pulled pork box said it was burned. That box looked great to me. I try and tell people at the table before turn in time what barbecue is! They still think it's all a grill thing. I do what I can to help people understand what barbecue is but, They just don't get it. :-X

OomPappy, I have to say that all your turn-in's look great to me too, except where the chicken skin shrunk a bit ~ That's the only thing I can see that I would question. Wish I had of sampled some of your Q on Saturday! =P~

I was pretty happy with the contest overall except for the chicken. Not that what I turned in was any good but that I couldn't come up with anything better. We sucked in Michigan in that category too. Woodman and I have a plan devised for Nelsonville. Custer had a plan too. Considering I've never cooked on a WSM I thought the butt was okay. Much better on presentation. Brisket was a timing issue. 8th in sauce I am pretty proud of because it's my own recipe from scratch. Other than the fact it was cold on Friday night it was a good time and I'm looking forward to going there next year.

My pics for Saturday's event have now all been resized...Just gotta format them into a web page..... :razz: :razz: :razz:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
oompappy: All I can say is I'm prety sure none of your turn in's got to my table. I was the ONLY KCBS judge at the table. We got garbage Q! Around here it has to be pulled pork mush, Tons of sauce on ribs, Crisp skin on chicken, And no one knows what brisket is. I have judged the (pro) contest fron the start in 2002 any table that got bark on a pulled pork box said it was burned. That box looked great to me. I try and tell people at the table before turn in time what barbecue is! They still think it's all a grill thing. I do what I can to help people understand what barbecue is but, They just don't get it. :-X

Thanks for that comment Pigs. It helps us understand why oompappy didn't place better. #-o :vent: :tant: :vent: :rules: Cuz his boxes look right up there in my opinion !

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Great looking site Bill. Who's the hottie on stage doing the award ceremony? :razz:
That's Barb. She was assisting George during the event. She IS hot, no? :!:

Back
Top Bottom