Here you go Bigwheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Told you so! Getting ready for the rescue dinner I'm doing in 2 weeks. Pulled pork finished cooking, cooling down and getting ready for pulling. I kept them naked (a little trick from Larry) so as to have minimum bark. I'll add rub when I pull them and I'm going to sauce at the same time. When it's dinner time, I have to be able to plate up 100 dishes and serve it hot. Should be easier if I don't have to mess with sauce at that time! Total meat on 1 cook on the 18" WSM was 53 pounds. 3 shoulders up and 3 down.

img_246709_0_13582d2f1feddab896e7188ec249bd1b.jpg

img_246709_1_0d91601421823c615201586284f74fa7.jpg

img_246709_2_976160a5cfa930d7e06c211a50c624db.jpg

What's that crescent wrench for and you need a new kitchen table. ;)

Oh yeah, picnics looked fabulous!

Ok Cliff nailed it. We was supposed to see pics of butts and what do we have? Picnics. This could be enough to make some folks go berserk. PS edit: Ok I back tracked on the thread and the large breaseted boy did promise picnics. Which that is a little too hammy for pushed pork. I am going to have to go up there apparently..lol. Fine job Bro!!

That does all look fantastic. I want some.

bbquzz said:
Looks great Nick, I assume the "cooks prerogative" is you can take a little taste without having to wait 2 weeks. :D
I think it's called "Quality Control" and is a very necessary part of the cook. ;)

BOB

Nick, what did you think about the Naked Wolfe Method also known World Wide as the 'NWM'. :mrgreen:

I like it much more better. Like you said, with the rub added after it's pulled, you get the flavor throughout, not just in the bark! The guy who invented that is a genius!

Back
Top Bottom