Orchard Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Subway has a seasonal sub called a Orchard Chicken Salad and I can't get enough of it. I have tried several times to make a copycat recipe with not much success. Today rather than just chicken breast meat I did a whole chicken, rubbed inside and out with Wolfe Rub Citrus, stuffed the cavity with some apple slices and put a little AJ in the roasting dish. I used some of my new BBQ R's Delight Apple pellets and smoked the chicken on the Performer for something less than two hours. Wow this chicken is killer, enough so I'm doing another for dinner tomorrow night. I did this cook during the day so was able to get some pretty good pictures, the last is a shot of the actual Orchard Chicken Salad, I'll let you know tomorrow if I am getting closer to the copycat recipe as I like to let it sit for about 24 hours before using it.

Still have a ways to go on the copycat, but a good sandwich. I know better, but got more S&P in there than needed, next time I'll add the extras to a smaller batch so I don't pollute the big batch. It's tough job, but somebody has to eat all these sandwiches. ;)

I'm not a Genius, but I heard Wolfe Rub Citrus would make a turd taste good! That looks awesome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom