Yesterday's Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Cooked a 10 lb and a 5 lb rib roast. Came out slightly over cooked. 140 ish. Dang.... I can get calls in ribs all the time but can't cook a frecken roast! I forgot the camara so the picts were horrable with the BlackBerry.

Looks good from here! And your turkey on the kettle idea turned out great!

Looks good. I am normally too much of cheap skate to buy high dollar stuff like that...but did have a pal who brought one over one time. Since neither one of us is too much into cold bloody meat we brought it to 150. Guess we measured in the middle or something because it was still nice and bloody close to the bones. On the other hand the eldest of the male chillins who is the grocery salesman brought one down for T Day which was precooked to rare 125 and packed in cryo. He says a lot of his accounts cut them up and peddle them for steaks. We did a smoke reheat yesterday to 120 but never got around to eating it since the Turkey filled everybody up. Think the game plan is to reheat yet again today. Hopefully it will make a good snack.

Since Winn Dixie flew the coop in this area its hard to find those rib roasts at a price most folks can afford. They used to run them for 2.99 in Choice grade a few times a year for the bone in models. Sometimes they would mess up and run the boneless version for the same price. Sure miss those stores.

Back
Top Bottom