Ribs: The third edition, is on the smoker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starwalt12

Cook
I am trying again tonight, ribs for the third time only this time I have some help. The guy who loaned me the wsm has come out to teach me this smokin stuff.....The wsm has been holding at 225 for 30 min and we just put the ribs on. doing some baked beans for which I found the receipe for on the forum here posted by pigs on the wing bbq, except they will be on the smoker too as soon as they are ready instead of the oven. I'm so ready for this...............

I'm sure you have already gotten a million suggestions from your posts. It just takes practice. Don't be in a hurry to master it either because when you do you'll have all kinds of new friends beaten down the door. You'll get random phone calls from your friend's cousin's wife to cook for their son's bday party. You'll get stupid nic-names like the Rib King, Smoker Mike, Mr BBQ. Every Holiday you'll get a new aprin from someone and some sort of bbq gaget from Wal-Mart. Ok I'm done venting. Have fun doing it that's what it's about!

I finally did it guys! thanks for all the help and suggestions I received here. I will post a better follow up and pics in the morning, there is too much whiskey flowin through my veins to mess with pictures right now.

Well, for whatever stupid reason my memory card in my camera had a case of dumbass and I was unable to pull the pics off of it. Stroy short: the previous attempts at doin this were failing cause i had too much cool wind hitting the smoker and suckin all the heat out of it. I noticed while cooking these ribs I was again losing heat. Had a brain storm and grabbed an old big round trashcan I had in the garage turned it over and put it down over the wsm. Would ya believe in 15 min it was running strong at about 230 degrees and only got as high as 250. The ribs were excelent. Just like they say, when ya bit into them the whole chunk of meat didnt fall off, there was a bite mark left. They were awesome. I am however convinced I can still do better. With the ribs coming out so nice I was able to write down some things to do differently, such as charcoal usage, amount of rub, and so on and so forth....thnaks again guys.

Good show old chap. Admire your ingenuity on the trash can deal. Recall well trying to cook split chickens in a sideways rain and the wind gusting to 70 mph on my trusty ECB holey chicken blaster. Big washtub upside down over the top saved the day. In an ideal world a person could have a fat lady sitting on top of the tub to keep it anchored down. I had to settle for a few bricks and logs etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom