Looking for grilling setup..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krombig36

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone. I've been looking, without luck, for some open-fire gear. Does anyone know where I can get this setup? If not a webstore, perhaps a blacksmith? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

[attachment=0:1dkv0j7s]grill.jpg[/attachment:1dkv0j7s]

Hmm..looks like you need to speak to some chuck wagon type cooks on this deal. Google up the XIT Ranch and find the head cookie. He tell you where to buy all that stuff. I could do it for ya but it would take a small stipend as a finder's fee since I am a real busy person. Let me know. Thanks.

PS Edit: If they dont know how to help look up the Pitchfork Ranch up around Guthrie, TX. I know they have chuckwagon cooks and they are friendly as yard dawgs. The Mormons bought them out a few years back. Just pretend you might like to become a Mormon and they will be glad to help I think. No Ghurantees expressed or implied. If that dont work out kindly repoat back.

Im in the process of making the very same as a gift for my sister in law for Christmas... Got any buddies with torches that like beer ?

This place looks purty kewlish for the aspiring chuck wagon cook.

http://www.chuckwagonsupply.com/catalog.html

I used up my torch when I was an extry in the Frankenstein Movie. I was one of those angry peasants in the crowd surrounding the Castle. It dont show it in the script of course..but what had actually got us riled up was we heard somebody was inside there putting kidney beans in the chili.

lol! Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't know why it's so hard to find. The only things I've seen are the "s" hooks to hang things off the top bar. Maybe I'll try to make it myself since I have a torch setup. Would probably be more that much better to cook on if I made it myself. :) Let us know how yours turns out, J.P.

I found it! I never thought to Google 'chuckwagon' cooking equipment before. Thanks for opening my eyes to that, bigwheel.

Ummm, at $535 for the complete setup, your wife is really REALLY gonna git me, dollarbill! hehe...

Pat said:
I found it! I never thought to Google 'chuckwagon' cooking equipment before. Thanks for opening my eyes to that, bigwheel.

Ummm, at $535 for the complete setup, your wife is really REALLY gonna git me, dollarbill! hehe...

Where the F#@^ did you find it? Ive been lookin' and now she's pissed I haven't got nuthin done all day! Not sure if she's gonna love you or hate you after this. :LOL:

Pat said:

Where the F#@^ did you find it? Ive been lookin' and now she's pissed I haven't got nuthin done all day! Not sure if she's gonna love you or hate you after this. :LOL:

Was also gonna say Dave Klose but that might get a little pricey.

Keep your eye peeled for a cast iron cookstove with no bottom in it. The chuck wagon cooks from the Pitchfork Ranch had one. You just dig a hole and get the coals fired up then set the stove over the top of the hole. Seemed to work sorta like a kitchen stove at home. They were baking biscuits on the inside and frying eggs and bacon on top of it. Very kewlish contraption. Course it may have been a hundred years old. Who knows?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom