Chicken Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Well all that remains is tell us which of the various harmful organisms enjoys the pleasures of warm salt water and could survive a trip through the cooking process. That would be helpful. Thanks.

I think Burford T. Justis just got dat sum bitch!! That is perfectly stated! Excellent!

Please show me where Ingush article it says that soaking chicken in warm salty water makes it safe to eat. I read the whole thing and didn't see it. I'm also guessing then an enhanced bird is ok to leave on the counter to defrost for the afternoon would be safe to eat?

Nick Prochilo said:
Please show me where Ingush article it says that soaking chicken in warm salty water makes it safe to eat. I read the whole thing and didn't see it. I'm also guessing then an enhanced bird is ok to leave on the counter to defrost for the afternoon would be safe to eat?

You're missing BW's point Nick.

FWIW, I nailed my spatchcocked chicken to a tree for 3 hours to sun dry it before cooking and I'm still alive.

Well here is a pretty good article on thawing thin cuts of meat in warm water but doesn't seem to be a recommended procedure for larger items. Best way I have found to thaw thicker stuff like whole birds, briskets, butts etc. is to leave them in the original cryo or packaging they come in and throw them solidly frozen into an empty ice chest fill with cool tap water or water from the garden hose, shut the lid and come back tomorrow. You will find the items total thawed and floating around in cold water by the next day. That tip come from my old pal Pigman Jim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/dinin ... -cook.html

Apparently the warm water chicken brine will kill folks. I plan on trying it this Saturday so if I am still alive on Sunday I guess we will know for sure. In the event of my demise I have instructed the Little Bride to sue People Magazine, the Jonas Brothers and the Homo Chef who works at the high dollar restaurant in Dallas.

Nick Prochilo said:

bigwheel said:
Well here is a pretty good article on thawing thin cuts of meat in warm water but doesn't seem to be a recommended procedure for larger items. Best way I have found to thaw thicker stuff like whole birds, briskets, butts etc. is to leave them in the original cryo or packaging they come in and throw them solidly frozen into an empty ice chest fill with cool tap water or water from the garden hose, shut the lid and come back tomorrow. You will find the items total thawed and floating around in cold water by the next day. That tip come from my old pal Pigman Jim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/dinin ... -cook.html

Apparently the warm water chicken brine will kill folks. I plan on trying it this Saturday so if I am still alive on Sunday I guess we will know for sure. In the event of my demise I have instructed the Little Bride to sue People Magazine, the Jonas Brothers and the Homo Chef who works at the high dollar restaurant in Dallas.

Nick Prochilo said:

I'll need pictures for proof. :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3mffitn6]Please show me where Ingush article it says that soaking chicken in warm salty water makes it safe to eat. I read the whole thing and didn't see it. I'm also guessing then an enhanced bird is ok to leave on the counter to defrost for the afternoon would be safe to eat?

You're missing BW's point Nick.

[/quote:3mffitn6]

I must be. Do explain.

Back
Top Bottom