Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I just bought a new 22.5" WSM and cannot figure out what size I got. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a suggestion. Get a brain scan just to see if yours is still there.
I have one for you Larry. I have an 18" WSM. I need the larger one but don't want to buy one. Is there an extension kit that converts the 18" into a 22". Let me know. Thanks in advance. BTW, ever try show business?

I have measured it 5 times now and the box is near 36" wide. It says 22.5" on the side, I'll remeasure the box after I take the grill out just to be sure what size it is. I have ordered the 18.5" and 22.5" Cast Iron Grates just to be sure.

bigwheel said:
How much are them Cheech and Chong Stogies? Thanks.

img_242567_0_45472ec500f9e30f8eed6b673fa83abe.gif
Damn hippy!

Hmmm..striking resemblance cept Cheech got more of a round head as opposed to the bucket style. Nice pic.

I got it all together and am now wondering where the water bowl goes? On top of the charcoal or on the top grate?

DaveG said:
I have a suggestion. Get a brain scan just to see if yours is still there.
I have one for you Larry. I have an 18" WSM. I need the larger one but don't want to buy one. Is there an extension kit that converts the 18" into a 22". Let me know. Thanks in advance. BTW, ever try show business?
It would come up empty.

Well seems like an old hippy tole me back in late 60's the smoke should bubble up through the water then you snag it. Try that and kindly repoat back. Thanks.

Larry Wolfe said:
I got it all together and am now wondering where the water bowl goes? On top of the charcoal or on the top grate?

Okay, first cook is over and what a disaster. I filled the water bowl with water and charcoal and dumped a chimney of lit coal ontop. The freaking smoke and ash was unbelievable. Any hoot, I cooked chicken legs for 8 hours and they were still raw and the cooker was cold the whole cook. I also purchased a Maverick Thermometer. I hung the transmitter on the inside of the grate and the receiver continuously read 0000 and now it's black from smoke. The unit came with 2 wires, neither would fit into my computer or wall socket, so I have no idea what to do with them. I used the instructions to start the chimney, so I can't go back and read them. Any suggestions?

Larry Wolfe said:
Okay, first cook is over and what a disaster. I filled the water bowl with water and charcoal and dumped a chimney of lit coal ontop. The freaking smoke and ash was unbelievable. Any hoot, I cooked chicken legs for 8 hours and they were still raw and the cooker was cold the whole cook. I also purchased a Maverick Thermometer. I hung the transmitter on the inside of the grate and the receiver continuously read 0000 and now it's black from smoke. The unit came with 2 wires, neither would fit into my computer or wall socket, so I have no idea what to do with them. I used the instructions to start the chimney, so I can't go back and read them. Any suggestions?

Yeah, stick them up your ass. Then look at the receiver and it will read "ASSHOLE"!

I'm baffled at all of this! :shock:
It goes from the bottom up;
small wire grate with the charcoal ring
Then the water bowl
Then a wire grate on top of that
then the top wire grate
and then you put the lid on

It really is unfair to all the people sitting at other tables here in McDonalds right now. They have no idea what I am laughing about.

Larry, you were supposed to close the top vent almost all the way. That keeps the smoke from escaping.

Cliff H. said:
It really is unfair to all the people sitting at other tables here in McDonalds right now. They have no idea what I am laughing about.

Larry, you were supposed to close the top vent almost all the way. That keeps the smoke from escaping.

Cliff, I was wondering what that thing was on the lid? I thought it was a utensil holder? Go figure.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1dhqsbun]Okay, first cook is over and what a disaster. I filled the water bowl with water and charcoal and dumped a chimney of lit coal ontop. The freaking smoke and ash was unbelievable. Any hoot, I cooked chicken legs for 8 hours and they were still raw and the cooker was cold the whole cook. I also purchased a Maverick Thermometer. I hung the transmitter on the inside of the grate and the receiver continuously read 0000 and now it's black from smoke. The unit came with 2 wires, neither would fit into my computer or wall socket, so I have no idea what to do with them. I used the instructions to start the chimney, so I can't go back and read them. Any suggestions?

Yeah, stick them up your ass. Then look at the receiver and it will read "ASSHOLE"![/quote:1dhqsbun]

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Buck Buck Buck..don't humor him. Those poodle turd doobies are highly psychedelic I think. He prob be ok in a few days if he will take two aspirins.

Back
Top Bottom