Cooking today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well I have this electric pit which is a cheap knock off of a Masterbilt. Royal Oak brand..fifty bucks from Wally World. Have had it for years but just got around to trying to cook with it today. Had to stop and re injuneer the goofy thing about 1/4 way through the process. Has a cheesy little water pan and cast iron fluted top chip box which sit on the same level way too far above the element to reliably fire off the chips. Figgered out quick that would not work so slid a fire brick under the flimsy heating element and put a ss quarter pan loaded up with pee can direct on the element. Put a disposable half pan on the bottom rack and filled it with water. Brisket is sopped and wrapped and chuckling away at 200. The little booger holds heat well and the heat knob is real precise. This was a big old brisket so I separated the point and flat. Rubbed with mustard and Obie Cues Fajita Seasoning mixed with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Used old Walter Jetton's mo/sop recipe. I think it's gonna be a grand prize winner. I really like the pit since it got fixed to cook right. Now I know this didnt happen since I aint got no pics. Sorry.

Walter's mop is the bomb...so to speak. Used to use it when I "Cooked at home".
Seems I learned that from a retarted cop from out your way.

Well I for one believe that Jeff is cooking! He's the only one here I trust to tell the truth about stuff like this. Who wouldn't believe a retarded cop?

Well thats whut was in the cabinet..I feel so ashamed. I am going out behind the barn to eat worms.

Well I had originally thought about regular old earth worms but the Tokillya sounds like a mo betta plan..thanks. Hey I think worms only come in Mescal..and sometimes they use plastic worms. Whut a bunch of false advertising huh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom