my first comp....Advice wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Well, I signed up for my first compatition the first weekend in October. Its at "Oinktoberfest" in Buffalo and is a KCBS sanctioned event. I attended last year as a spectator and spent a lot of time talking to the competeters and learned a lot...Any advice for a first timer ?

Just concentrate on getting everything turned in, have fun, don't expect to win anything!

Being from the Cleveland area it's easy to see how you have developed that attitude. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Woodman said:
Just concentrate on getting everything turned in, have fun, don't expect to win anything!

Thats pretty much our mode....they have a "pro" part that runs friday/saturday which we've entered into. There's also a "tailgator" section on Sunday. We decided to go on the pro section with the idea that well be hanging around there for 24 hours and hope to learn from the other folks. When we went last year, every competitor we talked to was more than glad to talk to us and give us hints. They were all helping each other out last year also. This year they've added a bunch of other stuff. Its a small comp, but I look forward to it as a good first step / learning experience. Here's the link...you know we're not that far from Ohio or Pa !

http://www.oinktoberfest.com/

You know what John, I might just try and make it over! Rempe? Wanna go? Hey , Pigs on the Wing, you gonna do this?

Hell yea! I'll be there. Was a Judge last year and did the tailgate thing Sunday, Came in second. I helped start the whole deal in 2002 George Booth came up with the logo and I came up with the name. It's a BLAST! Did you get a chance to meet Kentucky Greg? Great guy and a whole lot of fun to boot. Is this the year Donny gets knocked off? :) I have cooked with him a few times. Great guy. It's WAY too much fun.

Back
Top Bottom