Copper River Sockeye 4 Ways Smoked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
So the Fresh Copper River Sockeye season has been under way for a few weeks now and I finally got around to getting some fresh fillets and putting them on the WSM. I put dry rub of brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, Slap yo Mamma dry rub and some chili powder on and let that sit overnight. I did a quick rinse and did a pat dry. I then seasoned each of the 4 fillets with a different rub;
Fillet #1
Lemon-pepper & Garlic

Fillet #2
Sweet Jamaican Heat (it's a citrus rub with sugar and hot chilies)

Fillet #3
Cracked Black Pepper

Fillet #4
Brown sugar & Cinnamon

I let them sit for about an hour while the WSM was getting up to temp (225*), then I put them on for about 40 minutes with no water in the pan and added in some chunks of cherry wood for the smoke.

The results were fantastic!

That looks so awesome...really making my want to break out some frozen fish here in Iowa..you gotta know we have the freshes fish in the country here....NOT!

I'm not much of a fish fan either gut there are a few ways I really like it and smoked is one of them. I can put away some smoked salmon and yours looks outstanding!!!!!

Where is your buddy Toby been? I hope hes just too busy to visit and everything is OK with him.

Vermin999 said:
I'm not much of a fish fan either gut there are a few ways I really like it and smoked is one of them. I can put away some smoked salmon and yours looks outstanding!!!!!

Where is your buddy Toby been? I hope hes just too busy to visit and everything is OK with him.
He's been busy; we've been hitting the graduation party scene with our kids the past 2 weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom