Vending

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Vending: At what number of people should you consider going to 2 serving lines? 3 serving lines? Thanks. db

Sorry but I aint never had that many customers show up at once when vending. Sure you aint thinking about catering by any chance? If so know one line is plenty for 300 or so. Dole out the meat ration at least on the first pass otherwise helpy selfy.

bigwheel said:
Sorry but I aint never had that many customers show up at once when vending. Sure you aint thinking about catering by any chance? If so know one line is plenty for 300 or so. Dole out the meat ration at least on the first pass otherwise helpy selfy.

Haha! I just did a "Cancer survivor day" for one of the clinics that told me 300 people. The day before they wanted to up it 50 people. I said no "problemo". 618 plates later + sides we served our last plate. We opened 2 lines after the line went to about 75 to 100...30 to 40 minutes into it...we did about 10 to 15 seconds per person some 15 to 20. I thought we were fine but for future reference i'd like to hear some numbers. Sucks to learn the hard way but not really right? Member when the old man would slap the shit outta you when you did dumb shit and it was "legal"? Thats how you learn. haha! Any ideas on numbers would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. db

Back
Top Bottom