Help with chiseling the holes to attach my firebox to grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Char-Broil Grill and also purchased the firebox that goes with it. Having a horrible time chiseling out not the football shaped piece but all the small holes for the bolts. Any help, tips, ideas, suggestions on how to get those stupid things off would be appreciated. So far i've tried hammering, chiseling, screwdrivers, beer, profanity, nothing seems to be helping. Thank you

What Nick said...and a jig saw with a metal cutting blade for the football...but leave the top attached....it will work as a flame guard.

Im using a drill and its coming along but slow and my drill bit is getting eaten up bad. If I knew it would be this hard I woulda just bought the one with the firebox and grill in the same box. I bought this one cuz it has cast iron grates.. I woulda just spent the extra money and got the cast iron grates seperate from my grill.

I seasoned it and smoked a tri tip... its all worth it!!! My gf woke up at 2am to eat this tri tip and it was great!! I love it already, I can't wait to smoke some brisket and ribs!!!

Haha ok I will post pics in a little bit. I gota email them from my phone and then do it from a computer.

One other thing is, what kind of a cup do u use for the greece catcher? I have nothing that fits in the holder that came with it so I've been using a paper plate and throwing it away each time but im afraid paper may catch fire.

With out seeing the drip hole area it's hard to tell. I get these little quart sized galvanized bucket from Tractor Supply for the drip thingy on my Traeger.

Nick Prochilo said:
Put a coffee can on some bricks if need be!

Or a piece of coat hanger and a coffee or soup can. But since a paper plate works, I'd simply use a styrofoam cup.....just squeeze it in the hole! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom