Crawfish Boudin Recipe or Crawfish Etouffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
I thought y'all might like to give this a try and at the very least enjoy a good Crawfish Etouffee dish.

Alright, this is actually a recipe for Crawfish etouffee so you can serve it with rice or follow carefully to use for boudin. For boudin only make the sauce a lil thicker. Follow this recipe and cool after cooking. Make your rice(I cooked 4 cups of raw rice)you may need or want more. Carefully mix the two(rice and crawfish etouffee in a separate bowl. Don't may it too dry or too soupy. After mixing set up your sausage casing onto the stuffer(This is the type I have)
img_238217_0_e4d6e521b214e0d121f38a6483b6cead.jpg
If you use a meat grinder with stuffer attachment, make sure you don't use a cutting plate when stuffing.
Stuff casings firm but, be carefull to not burst them. When done you can steam them to eat but, I prefer mine grilled so thecasing gets just the right crisp and snap when you bite into it. Good luck!
If there's anything else I can do, let me know.

Oh, make sure you rinse the casings well before stuffing. Use only natural casing.

Crawfish Etouffee

11/2 cups butter, divided
1/2 cup flour
2 Med. onions finely diced
1 cup finely diced bell pepper
3/4 cup finely diced celery
1/2cup chopped green onions bottoms I tend to use more seasoning than called for. Use this as a minimum.
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon garlic
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon(seafood base will give more flavor)
1 quart water
2 pounds crawfish tails-I used 3 1/2 lbs.
1/2 cup shopped green onion tops
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup flour in a small saucepan. Stir while cooking for 3 minutes over medium-high heat; keep warm. In a 4-quart saucepan, add 1/2 cup butter, onion, bell pepper, celery, and green onion bottoms; cook over medium heat while stirring for 8 minutes. Add paprika, peppers, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook 2 more minutes while stirring. Add 1 quart water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Add reserved roux, stirring well with wire whip. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 3 minutes. Add crawfish, onion tops, and parsley; then stir in last 1/2 cup butter. Taste for the spiciness you desire. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.

I just moved to Louisiana! A friend and I are working on a cajun vegan zine...but we don't have much material yet. I'm in the process of veganizing a really popular dish, etouffee. Considering that I've never tried the seafood-laden original, I'm not vouching for any authenticity. I'm thinking of subbing the usual shrimp/crawfish with mushrooms/eggplant/crumbled tempeh. Traditional gumbo is pretty easy to veganize, as it's made with okra and you can sub vegan sausages for the meat.

Does any one have a good home made colon cleasnse recipe that works.? Been having alot of bloating. Can't really afford a colon cleanse. Does anyone have a home made recipe that will do the job and is not harmful and works?

kathsumi said:
Does any one have a good home made colon cleasnse recipe that works.? Been having alot of bloating. Can't really afford a colon cleanse. Does anyone have a home made recipe that will do the job and is not harmful and works?
Yeah, take a load of Vaseline and shove it up your ass. Powder Puff told me it does him wonders!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom