Pulled Pork Enchilada w/ V9 Green Chile Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
What to do with leftover pulled pork? Try putting it in an enchilada using Vermin's Green Chile Sauce . . . YUM!!

The first thing I did was make some Mango BBQ Sauce to add to the pork. This sauce is excellent for pulled pork sandwiches and also on things like turkey burgers. Here's a link to the Food Network recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aart ... index.html

The next task is to make some of Vermin's fantastic Green Chile Sauce. The only change I made to Vermin's recipe was that I thinned the sauce out with some Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce instead of water to get it to the consistency I wanted. Here's Vermin's Green Chile Sauce recipe.

To make the sauce I usually use Jalapenoes and serrano peppers but have a bunch of hatch chiles so I used them this time around.

My usual sauce uses
about 10 to 12 jalapenos,
10 to 12 tomatillos,
around 6 seraanos,
3 to 6 toes of garlic
half a bunch of cilantro
1/2 an onion
water
salt to taste.

Roast peppers and tomatillos just enough to blister the skin and soften them, then place them in a plastic bag or airtight container for no less than 15 minutes. Remove from bag and remove skins, it should be real easy to remove and then remove seeds and membranes from peppers depending on how hot you want them. Add rest of ingredients into a blender and blend until everything is mixed. Add salt to taste and add water to get desired viscosity of sauce.

Started by heating up the pulled pork in a CI skillet and then adding the mango BBQ sauce.

Now it's time to roast some peppers & tomatillos.

Peppers & tomatillos are bagged for 15 minutes so it's easier to remove skins.

Enchilada assembly. Three layers of corn tortillas with two layers of pulled pork w/ cheese in between.

Ready to bake on the Performer.

Plated with refried beans and a salad. Added a dollop of Mexican Crema to the top of the enchilada. This enchilada has a very complex flavor profile due to the mango BBQ sauce mixed into the pork and then added to the green chile sauce and cheese. Fantastic tasting.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom