Need a fried chickin' recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Anyone have a kick arse recipe for fried chickin tonight? Im lookin for the crunchy, crunchy kind. Thanks! db :D

dollarbill said:
Anyone have a kick arse recipe for fried chickin tonight? Im lookin for the crunchy, crunchy kind. Thanks! db :D

I find that I get a crunchy fried chicken by using pure peanut oil to fry in; make sure your fry pan is deep enough to hold 1 1/2 " to 2 " of oil. Unless of course you have a deep fryer then you can fill as directed. I would rinse chicken and pat dry, roll in flour ( seasoned to your liking ), then buttermilk, then flour again. Let coated chicken sit for about 15 minutes, then drop into hot oil. I also bone the chicken breasts so they don't take as long too cook and don't dry out. Put finished chicken on wire rack to drain. Nice thick, crunchy crunchy coating !

Now, for the BEST EVER fried chicken, brine overnight first, then proceed as above..... it's the best ! My family and friends beg me to make it !

Hope your chicken turns out delicious. Let us know how it comes out and how you prepared it, I'm always looking to improve my recipes!

( I see you're from CO, I'm in CO several times a year, my youngest lives east of Denver; I love Colorado ! )

Back
Top Bottom