Steak & Potato . . . Oh Ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
We've had a lot of steak and potato posts lately so I though I would add mine . . . Flat Iron Steak and twice backed potato.

I marinated the steak in a combination of red wine, balsamic vinegar, a dash of onion powder and a pinch of sugar. Let is set refrigerated in the marinade for about three hours before grilling over direct coals. After preparing the potatoes for their second bake, they were given a 15 minute head start on the indirect side.

Stakes were salted and peppered then slathered with melted butter on each side before being placed directly on the grates.

Plated and half eaten . . . YUM!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great look'n steak and potatoes! Steak looks done just right! Very nice grill marks, too.

Nice job, Lew, and thanks for the pix.

Nice looking steakes Lew. Real nice crust.
I'd buy one or two for din din. :)
What good does the butter do?

Lew, I'm new here and you seem to be the guy to "follow" around here - great post!

Some butter with a dash of olive oil (extra virgin) works great to keep the steak moist and juicy.

The secret to great steak, for me though, is to use cast iron cookware - the meat tastes entirely different!

kevinfray said:
Lew, I'm new here and you seem to be the guy to "follow" around here - great post!

Some butter with a dash of olive oil (extra virgin) works great to keep the steak moist and juicy.

The secret to great steak, for me though, is to use cast iron cookware - the meat tastes entirely different!
Hey Kevin, thanks for the comment. They're several guys you want to follow here. Any of the regular posters you'll see on this forum have a lot to offer.

I use CI pans and griddles, as well. Love doing burgers on the CI griddle now and then. It really does change how they taste. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom