Avitar size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ScottyDaQ said:
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 150 pixels, the height no greater than 150 pixels, and the file size no more than 1708984 KB.

Where did ya find that quote Scotty? That size isn't right ... it would be around 1.6 GB.

It's awful big even if the author meant bytes instead of kilobytes... it would still be over 1.6 MB ... if the author meant kilobits and assuming an 8 bit byte it's just over 200kb ...still unreasonable IMHO ... a single avatar could take 3 minutes to load for a dial up user

I would try to keep an avatar to 30 kilobytes or less (30720 bytes).

Gifworks.Com has a great freebie online tool for optimizing .gif avatars.

Uhhhh from the Edit Profile page. #-o ... The place you go to upload a picture from your machine.
You wouldn't be questioning Greg's computer related skills would ya?
:evillaugh: :taunt:

well what's going to happen to the bouncing pig? Maybe someone who avatar sucks (Larry, Greg, Nick, Finney) could get the jiggly pig from
BFD!

BFD: did the original have the lines in it? this might have happened during resizing/conversion

if you like, you can email the original to me and I'll see if I can clear it up for ya

swhite2ATTgmailDOTTcom

Back
Top Bottom