Bored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
since being laid off 2 weeks ago, I'm getting bored! It's been snowing pretty much once or twice a week and I'm getting tired of shoveling. We have about 2 - 2 1/2 feet on the ground which is very unusual for us. I may have to take a ride and visit John Penn to see what's happening there! But I have been doing a little bread baking and here's the latest. I did the two breads that Lew & Vermin posted but wasn't overly thrilled with them. They were great tasting and light and airy but they didn't rise as much as I wanted.
I hope Larry doesn't object that I cooked these in the oven! :LOL:

[attachment=0:3v6ymg2y]IMG_0339.JPG[/attachment:3v6ymg2y]

Hi Nick, Sorry to hear you were laid off. I retired about a month ago because my business just ran out of work. The little that's still coming in is being handled by my son. Not enough money to support two of us. Fortunately, my wife is a school teacher and I'm old enough to start collecting my Social Security. This was just a little background so I can say . . . I'm bored, as well.

I had all kinds of ideas of what I would do around the house but they all involve clearing weeds or digging holes. I'm not to motivated to do that now. Anyway, the bread looks great. Try to stay out of trouble while you're knocking around in the house.

Nick..We've only got an inch or two of snow. Let me know if your heading up this way. Id love for you and your family to take me out for dinner and drinks..Your treat !!

john pen said:
Nick..We've only got an inch or two of snow. Let me know if your heading up this way. Id love for you and your family to take me out for dinner and drinks..Your treat !!
What a deal! For the first time ever, I had to shovel the roof yesterday in anticipation of tonight / tomorrow's storm that's coming barreling in! Can I bring you some snow if I come?

Hey you two..I got a hot tip. Just do like my big brudder always say, don't ever tell anybody that you are retired or unemployed. When certain polite inquiries are made just say.."I'm between projects right now." I have give this some thought and decided that sounds a bit mo betta on a resume' or when trying to pick up wild wimmen at the local watering hole etc. Thanks for convincing me to keep on loading them 16 tons. I too am easily bored. Bread looks great Nick. Know a lady who bakes cakes in her home oven and sells them to folks and makes a good living for the whole family. Now why couldn't a person do that with bread? I could tell you the heart warming story of an old boy I know who got fired by Sir Ronald Reagan Maximus from the airplane bumping into preventer job. He owned a lawn mower and borrowed a neighbor lady's electric weed eater and started mowing his neighbors lawns. He now richer than three feet up a bulls coola and living the high life in a million dollar house. Fleets of trucks and muy guest workers to do all the work etc. Just shows to go ya huh? The Americkan Dream is still alive. I will buy two loaves if you have organic 100% and a credit plan. Thanks.

bigwheel

wittdog said:
Was the oven gas or electric...batten down the hatches there is a big one coming tonight.
Electric! :LOL: Rain and freezing rain. Trees are coming down left and right. There is a 1" coating of ice on my car, roads are solid ice. Snow is nothing compared to this shit. I'm glad I shoveled the roof the other day.

Well dont be drinking and driving. Know that is a favorite hobby of brick layers..painters..welders..cops etc. Idle hands are the debils workshoppe. Keep making bread.

bigwheel

Do you put any butter on it? I like to tear off chunks and dip it into XXX Virgin Greek Olive Oyl mixed with Braggs Apple cider vinegar. Several Eyetalian/Albanian restaurants do it like that using Balsamic. One place adds toasted finely chopped dry onyawn to that combo. Yum yum. You have to nag and demand the vinegar at that place.

Well I am sorta shocked here that a person with such large pillowy type breastes go into the masonary bizness. Looks like it be easy to get one of them purty things squished between two rocks or stones etc. Hope you keep them strapped down good.

Back
Top Bottom