How many Nascar fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Summer.... Busch series on Saturdays, Nextel on Sundays, Beer and some kind of grillin or Q on both days. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I love summer.

The races are good too. :grin: :grin:
Are its only a little over half way done.

Come on Rusty and Way to Go Smoke.

I gave up on NASCAR after all the weekly rule changes and the top 10 go back to zero and all that bs. It got to be a full time job keeping up with the rules week after week. Example: If your the last guy and you passed 2 cars on the 5th lap and a caution comes out you can pit, But only if the 1st car passed you on the 4th lap when you got a lap back after the second caution. I'll stick with drag racing.

Harry Gant was from Taylorsville, near North Wilkesboro in the foothills of the NC mountains. My sixth grade teacher was on his pit crew until he hit the big circuit....the Skoal Bandit was owned by Burt Reynolds and Hal Needham...it was about the coolest thing going at it's time.

Harry still lives in Taylorsville (which from my memories, is pretty much Mayberry) and has a ranch and a steakhouse in town. After all those those years around the tracks, he was almost killed when he got t-boned in an intersection a few years back, but he's still alive and driving his tractor.

I know the sport is incredibly popular now, and I understand why we have races all over the country, but I miss having more races in North Wilkesboro, Rockingham and Darlington...

I have a picture of me, my brother, with Ken Squire. I was around 10. He used to announce all the races at Catamount and Thunder Road up here before he went to CBS.
Back then my favorite was Bobby and Beaver Dragon, and Stub Fadden ... driving with an open face helment and his cigar sticking out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom