A little cookout tonight for about 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
My radio station gave away a cookout hosted by our staff, we bring the food and everything to your house and cook it for you and 12 guests.

Nothing special, burgers, dogs , couple of beer can chickens, and a bunch of Stogies/Bruces thighs.

Taking the camera, should have some pics later tonight.

Do you think you could come to Ocean Island and do one for me? :D :D I prefer the ribs. Sounds like someone down there is going to be eating right. Good luck.

no pics till next week. As usual, got busy. I had a couple of "helpers" from the station. Soon as we got there, I gave em 2 whole roasters and said, go in the house, pull out the giblets, wash em, pat em dry, and bring em back out in this aluminum pan. They go inside, where our host had to do it. They didn't know what giblets were. They were scared to put their hands inside the cavity. Eventually the birds were brought back out, and although everything was a little later than I planned, the timing for having everything ready was almost perfect.

The bad: I wish the chicken thighs and even the beer butt chicken skins had been a little crispier. I may need to clean the burners of my big grill.
I've gotten accustomed to my kettle, and the gasser just doesn't do as good a job.

The good....people raved about the beer butt chicken. I mean they went nuts over it. Most had never heard about it, which shocks me, but hey, not everyone does what we do!

Just a couple of comments for my thighs, which I like way better.

Several comments on the beans. A very good cook, nothing went wrong, I didn't get rained on for the first time in 3 cooks. :D

Hey, if you can impress people with chicken, it's a good thing.
Too bad I wouldn't do pork for them...I don't think they could handle it!

Your not kidding on the rain deal Captain. It was nice yesterday not sucking water while cooking. Had a easy. 75 pounds pulled pork and 25 pounds tater salad. Why didn't you prep your chickens before you got there? :)

I did prep the thighs, but not whole chickens....not much to prepping em so I just did it on site. While setting up I was trying to get my "helpers" out of the way for a few minutes (set up would go easier without em).
Got a good laugh after they brought the chickens back out of the kitchen though, so it was worth it!

Bruce's thighs? Man! that just doesn't sound right Cap'n! Hey, you need your radiuo station to sponsor a cook-off! The one in Michigan this week was a radio station sponsored "Taste of Grand Rapids" deals! The MC/head guy was a Jock! You would be a natural! Woody

sorry, my boss is an idiot. he couldn't organize ABC blocks. I've thought about getting with the chamber to create a giant cookoff, but here in seafood city, bbq is somewhat of a bizarre animal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom