How much sauce for 120 people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
How much sauce should I consider for 120 people? 26# of PP and Brisket combined + 9 racks o ribz Thanks.

I take two gallons to a gig. put it in a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon. If you put sauce in a cup, they will just pour it on like crazy. Just as a pump thing in a gallon jug. I don't get it, ya want some pork with your sauce?

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Take some extra, squeeze bottles are bad news. They will take more than they need.
Why they do this? I'll never know.

Pigs
Churches, volunteer fire departments, sports leagues, etc. all have barbecues in my area. There seems to be at least one every weekend. Some turn out excellent barbecue, some good, and some are just plain tasteless or worse. I think the extra sauce might be a habit from eating tasteless or bad pork.

3 Olives said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3ovke0bq]Take some extra, squeeze bottles are bad news. They will take more than they need.
Why they do this? I'll never know.

Pigs
Churches, volunteer fire departments, sports leagues, etc. all have barbecues in my area. There seems to be at least one every weekend. Some turn out excellent barbecue, some good, and some are just plain tasteless or worse. I think the extra sauce might be a habit from eating tasteless or bad pork.[/quote:3ovke0bq]

I think its a combination of either not so good meat & most people think psycologicaly:
"Oh! theres sauce I better put some on my plate/sammie" I'm still stressed about the situation.

We use the plastic cups with tops (inexpensive) when we cook for our church and fill them with a tea dispenser. We place the cups on a block of wood so it is close to the dispenser and we can do multiples. We also have squeeze bottles on the tables, but all of our labor is free so we can afford to be generous.

Well great tip on the bowl and spoon trick. I never woulda thunk of that angle. We tried it several whichaways back in the old days. I hunted high and low for them gallon jug pump dispensers and seems like finally found some. Sure glad I was too thrifty to buy any. Cheapest and onliest I found was 17 bucks per head seems like.

bigwheel

I think approximately more then 1 1/2 galons in squeeze. It is more enough for the 120 people...!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom