Grilled Steaks w/ 3 Onion Mix, Mushrooms and Roasted Tators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koopdaddy

Senior Cook
We had some leftover roasted potatoes that needed to be eaten. I heated them up on the grill for tonight.

The steaks I marinated in red wine, thyme, garlic and olive oil for about 2 hours. I then salt and peppered the steaks and seared them directly over the coals for about 4 minutes per side. I then moved them to indirect heat for a few more minutes. I pulled the steaks off the grill and let them sit, covered for about 5 minutes.

img_227554_0_c87fac3106827ea79bdd298ce629ef77.jpg

The mushrooms I sauteed and marinated in some red wine and raspberry chipotle sauce.

img_227554_1_7f923be4c16536b45d6dcab94a6e634d.jpg

I diced up some red, yellow and green onions and mixed them together. Meanwhile I put my cast iron pan on the grill to get nice and hot. I added some olive oil, put in some of the onion mix along with a sprig of thyme and rosemary. I placed on steak on top of the onions, added a little butter and sauteed the steaks for about a minute in the mixture.

Then I pulled off the steak and poured the onion and juices over the steak. I did each steak individually in this manner.

img_227554_2_05794396db2d149f0c80477bde1e2fff.jpg

The steaks turned out fantastic. Everyone loved the onion mix. They were big steaks and everyone decided to save a piece for tomorrows lunch.

I will be making this again. The onion mix was really tasty.

Back
Top Bottom