Organic Meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow Poke BBQ

Assistant Cook
My Wife and I are trying to go organic. We are trying to find a good farm in Texas or will ship that has good quality beef, chicken and/or pork. Is anyone currently buying freezer packs from organic farms?

Hey Slow Poke welcome. There is a big store in these parts called Market Street which is the main flagship store for the United Super Market chain sorta like Central Market is for the HEB Brand. Anyway Market Street has some which is supposed to be Organic and it comes from some feed lot in Amarillo. Next time I'm in there I will try to snag mo info on your behalf. They are very proud of it pricewise at least:) Seems like a name like Foreman's Best or Pride etc. Something of that nature. Smart move going organic. They also have Kosher chickens which is bound to be organic I would think.

bigwheel

Slow Poke BBQ said:
My Wife and I are trying to go organic. We are trying to find a good farm in Texas or will ship that has good quality beef, chicken and/or pork. Is anyone currently buying freezer packs from organic farms?

Grateful Growers Farm (http://www.ggfarm.com/ raises their animals naturally. They don't call them organic but they're as close as you can get to organic. They raise Tamworth Hogs and the pork is high quality. I bought four racks of their baby backs at the Regional Farmers Market this morning. They are really nice folks and their prices are reasonable. They ship but I imagine it is expensive.
If anyone in the Charlotte area is interested in buying from them I suggest you email ahead and have them hold the pork for you.

Back
Top Bottom