Reverend Marvin's Cheesy Mac n Pulled Pork Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Not sure what the program was, but this past week I saw a show featuring the "Grilled Cheese Truck" and a sandwich made with mac and cheese and pulled pork. After some research I came up with a modification of the recipe using caramelized Reverend Marvin's Vidalia onions.

I made a four cheese mac and cheese, bake it, spread it on a baking sheet and cool it in the fridge. Once firm you layer the mac and cheese with slices of sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup of pulled pork heated in SBR's and 1/4 cup of the Vidalia onions caramelized in Reverend Marvin's and butter. As if there was not enough fat in there you butter the bread with a combination of butter and mayo. Grill at about 340° 'till brown and melty.

Great does not describe the crispy bread with 4 or 5 layers of flavor, my bride gave me an A+ for this one. I used buttermilk bread for this sandwich and here is the order I put it together.

• One slice of cheddar cheese
• One square of chilled macaroni and cheese
• ½ cup BBQ pork mixture
• ¼ cup Reverend Marvin's caramelized onions

3.gif

There is NO FREAKIN way that could taste bad! Excellent job! One more thing for the to-do list!

That does look SO GOOD! I'm a big fan of spaghetti sandwiches, but your sandwich is over the top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom