XM or Sirius?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I have sirius. For each reciever that you have, you will pay a seperate monthly fee. I have a docking station attached to my home theater, a docking station in my car and a boom box docking station. My 1 reciever plugs into these docks and I only have 1 subscription.

I got Sirius for Father's day and I like it a lot. If your stereo is already for Sirius you should go with Sirius. :D :( :D

You will be happy with that selection, Fatz!

Octane-20
Alt Nation- 21 (I think)
Big 80's - 8
Raw Dog Comedy -147
ESPN Radio- 120

Just some of my favorites

Fatz,

I listen to Sirius , off my Sat. system.
They seem to play the same music day in and day out, the lineup rarley changes!!!

Cheers

I'm with Woodman & AirBoss...However, I am seriously considering a sweet 8 track deck I've had my eye on. Even have a book of matches ready to shove under it to level it out. SWEEEEET!

Sirius is getting Nascar in 2007. Hopefully by then they will have a handheld portable like XM has. As far as Stern he should retire. This medium would of been good for him about 15 years ago. I think alot of people related to him cause he acted like your average married shmo but now he is banging a real hot piece of ass

Sirius has a deal for $499 lifetime membership. This pays itself off in 3 years. I would check the fine print though, it may only last as long as your radio does. other than nascar, sirius offers the NFL, NBA, NHL and also martha stewart for all you happy homemakers. If you are too lazy to read, you can listen to maxim radio.

CrazyWhiteMan said:
Sirius has a deal for $499 lifetime membership. This pays itself off in 3 years. I would check the fine print though, it may only last as long as your radio does. other than nascar, sirius offers the NFL, NBA, NHL and also martha stewart for all you happy homemakers. If you are too lazy to read, you can listen to maxim radio.

Yeah, the lifetime is the life of your radio. If it takes a s@$t, then you will have to re-up!

Susan Z said:
Sirius, cuz of Stern!

Don't worry, they'll get subscribers as his crossover date nears.

How bout those 'crossover' fans??? Boy they are coming over by the masses. Too bad stern doesnt care about his fans anymore, taking 2 months off from broadcasting PLUS he doesn't even work on Friday's. He's old and washed up. XM is 10x better than sirius and if you try to argue I won't reply 8-[ :D

Greg Rempe said:
Yeah, Opie and Anthony are SOOOO scary talented...Sirius now and forever!

Hmmm, :-k , let's see....O&A now BACK on terrestrial radio, on HOWARDS OLD station, even in his OLD studio!..... :-k , hmm, now being broadcast in over 10 different cities and adding cities monthly in less than 3 months. :-k ......no they aren't talented.

I will admit, howard did his thing and WAS the man, but it's not the 90's anymore. so that's ok, keep wasting your money on sirius, but thats ok we can all still get along :hug:

I agree...they AREN'T talented. Viacom is racing to fill Howard's spot...this is the same O&A that got banned from the same station they are now working for.

Also, wouldn't you be offended as a XM sub if you were able to get O&A on free radio? It should be exclusive...it's all a race to fix something that is sinking quicker then they can bail the water out of...O&A are Howard rip-offs...they have no original ideas!

4 million subscribers in less than a year is substantial...still growing...quickly catching up to XM subs...XM losing subs...no contest!

Greg Rempe said:
I agree...they AREN'T talented. Viacom is racing to fill Howard's spot...this is the same O&A that got banned from the same station they are now working for.

Also, wouldn't you be offended as a XM sub if you were able to get O&A on free radio? It should be exclusive...it's all a race to fix something that is sinking quicker then they can bail the water out of...O&A are Howard rip-offs...they have no original ideas!

4 million subscribers in less than a year is substantial...still growing...quickly catching up to XM subs...XM losing subs...no contest!

Greg Rempe said:

Sure, I won't get into a sub argument because they BOTH have LESS subs than they claim (counting subs in new vehicles that have NOT been sold or for the free year subscription in new vehicles)

That's fine...to each his own, I'm not going to argue about all the things Howard has done throughout the years, HE'S DONE....you like Sirius, I'm an XM guy. Yes, I have never had Sirius BUT I did subscribe for the free 3 day trial to BOTH and decided XM was for me.

As far as NASCAR is concerned, yes, I am disappointed they are moving to Sirius in '07 BUT it's ONLY the PRN and MRM broadcasts of the races, if you enjoy Claire B and Wide Open, you WON'T be able to get those on Sirius, they are STAYING with XM, XM will STILL have a NASCAR channel will Jimmie Johnson and Dale Jr's shows.......

Like one poster said, how often do you listen to NFL on the radio??? NOT ME, unless I'm on the road and I'm not a truck driver, which if I was, I would change, but I'm not.

One thing is for sure, XM or SIRIUS, I am glad they came along.....how do you live WITHOUT it??? I DON'T !!! Love me some Satellite Radio

Back
Top Bottom