spit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reggie151

Assistant Cook
OK guys im new here. and i have a question. What type of pipe can i use for the spit part of my rotissary. I want it ti hold 100 lb pig over my bacyard firepit and be non toxic and cheap is black steel pipe ok?

Hey Reggie welcome. Dearly deceased DIL go up to Missouri each year to a big hawg cooking contest around the Lake of the Ozarks. His Uncle had a marina up there. At any rate they make dedicated hawg cookers out of two split barrells tacked end to end and the rotess which spans the space is some kinda car axle or maybe a sub assembly thereof. Had a electric motor and chain drive with gears on one end to make it spin. To cook you just throw some charcoal in the bottom of the barrells and flippy the switch. Try Googling around for a Lake of the Ozarks hawg cooking apparatus from Missouri.

bigwheel

taanx bigweel i have looked at the spit jack. its real nice but way more coin than my wife wants me to spend. so my option is to build my own. thanks for the lead im googling it now

You betcha sir hope you find it. Know it aint all that exotic of a part I dont think. Know when the DIL came back from up there he had one built just like the ones he saw. Don't think he ever got around to lighting a fire in it.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom