Shopping for new grill/smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcarz

Assistant Cook
Thinking about buying a new grill/smoker and would like some feedback on what I should get. I need one large enough for a large family. Really like grilling and an occasional smoke. Thought about a WSM but really like grilling and instead of having a grill and smoker I was kind of wanting an all-in-one. Not wanting to spend more than $800-900 but less is always better on the checkbook. Any help would be appreciated.

For both, you might want to check out a Primo, Big Green Egg or GrillDome. Allows you to do both high temp grilling and they do very well on the low and slow. You could also buy a WSM (small one) and a Weber Kettle and still be WELL under $800-$900!! Then you would have 2 units to play with!! LOL!!

Make a UDS and make some tabs on your firebox to raise it up to grilling level. >$100 (maybe much less) and a little elbow grease and you are grilling and smoking with no problem.

Thanks for all the input. I thought about a UDS but can never find any good plans that look good. Any suggestions on where I can get good plans.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=23436

That's the Ultimate UDS Thread if you can't find something you like out of all that info then its probably not for you.

Great thing about the UDS is you can make it look anyway you like. Plans aren't really a problem 3 3/4" holes on the bottom. Firebox out of expanded metal or any number of other options. and bolts for a weber or other 22.5" grill grate. then a lid.

Back
Top Bottom