Rusty driveway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow Poke BBQ

Assistant Cook
Well I was grinding on my BBQ at a buddies house last week and with all the rain we had turned the whole driveway in to rust fest. I have tried pressure washers and everything from lowes and HD with small amouts of help. Is there something i can get the stain out of the concrete?

HI! BILLY MAYS HERE !!!
HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU? YOU'RE GRINDING IRON AT A FRIEND'S PLACE...
and THEN...
RUST STAINS ON YOUR DRIVEWAY!!
YOUR SOLUTION IS HERE !
TRY "ScottyDaQ's Miracle Rust Remover"!!!
HERE'S HOW TO ORDER!!!!! ACT NOW AND WE'LL DOUBLE YOUR ORDER !!!!!

(sorry couldn't resist that)

Tried straight Muratic acid? They also make stuff like this... http://www.proproducts.com/ourbrands/Am ... moval.aspx never used it though.

lol NICE. Well there is alot of products out there and I want to see if there is anything proven by personal use. I have not used Muratic acid before. Is that something I can buy? Is it only online?

Slow Poke BBQ said:
lol NICE. Well there is alot of products out there and I want to see if there is anything proven by personal use. I have not used Muratic acid before. Is that something I can buy? Is it only online?
You can get it at your local hardware. Muratic Acid is evil stuff! Don't walk on it. I would start at the end of the drive way and work my way back using a stiff brush with a handle on it. Let it sit for a while then hose it down. It will look like brand new.

Pigs

OK thanks. Some of the stuff I was reading online is saying to neutralize it with a ammonia and water mixture after it is done. Is this something I need to do with the already mixed stuff you buy from the store?. Also does it pit the driveway?

Make sure you wear eye protection! I repeat. Wear eye protection! My son is just getting over a splash of caustic soda into his eye and he flushed it immediately for 20 min several doctor visits after emergency room visit. Very painful and can cause blindness. He was very lucky not to have any permanant damage. Wear eye protection!

DO NOT USE STRAIGHT MURIATIC ACID!!!! It has to be diluted with water. Mix 1 gallon acid with 5 gallons of water. SOAK the stained area with plain water then apply the acid mix with a broom. Keep swirling it around and keep it wet with the solution. Then throughly rinse with water. Keep your kids and animals away while doing this. It's ok to keep cats around, I don't like them!

Nick Prochilo said:
DO NOT USE STRAIGHT MURIATIC ACID!!!! It has to be diluted with water. Mix 1 gallon acid with 5 gallons of water. SOAK the stained area with plain water then apply the acid mix with a broom. Keep swirling it around and keep it wet with the solution. Then throughly rinse with water. Keep your kids and animals away while doing this. It's ok to keep cats around, I don't like them!
Good call...........
But one thing Nick. The cat should be used as the broom. :mrgreen:

I looked at gallon I had stashed in the garage. Nick is right. Sorry I left that info out. Guy next door does it every spring, sez the salt from the road does damage, so he does the muratic acid wash. Think he puts a gallon in a plastic bucket and adds the rest with water. I'll ask him. I think there is instructions on the jug, but Nick would know best, as that is his foray.

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom