7th Annual Smokin' in the Creek BBQ Cook-off, Sugar Creek MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shores

Sous Chef
Cooked with a buddy of mine this past weekend in Sugar Creek, MO. It was a KCBS comp and it was his second ever. I've been helping him get into competing this year and it's been quite the learning experience for me too. I've never had to do boxes before, until these last two comps. It's a lot more difficult than I thought.

Anyway, we took 21st out of 52. Here are the results with pics of the turn-in boxes. I'm not totally proud of all the boxes, but they are a far cry better than our first comp we did 5 weeks ago.

I cooked chicken and ribs and he did pork and brisket.

Chicken (9th out of 52)
img_217801_0_9d79fc446bd1bba36272e511ca4ff381.jpg

Ribs (28th out of 52)
img_217801_1_408d8b8410ca419eb7fc4cce830b3f13.jpg

Pork (25th out of 52)
img_217801_2_b686019db4deec083066dc50fd9d76e1.jpg

Brisket (31st out of 52)
img_217801_3_3380d08ad99c9344d085d01aecf8aed2.jpg

There was a lot of good competition there and we know where we could improve, but all and all it was a good time. I'm sure he and I will team up again later this summer. My usual team (Father-in-law, Brother-in-law and his Father-in-law) compete in our first comp in two weekends. I'm really looking forward to that comp. We haven't cooked together since last October.

Constructive critisism welcome. I know things are different when in the moment and looking at a pic afterwards, but hearing what you have to say helps out.

Thanks for looking.

I think it all looks great Shores and you finished in the top half. It is fun for a novice like myself to see the pictures thanks for sharing. I'm sure Cliff is right and each comp is great experience.

I think they all look great....it just shows how many good
pitmasters are at comps....I frankly love the chicken, although the
pork looks a little oversauced.

Great comments Captain. Thank you. This comp had the KCBS Team of the Year from the past two years, plus the American Royal Invitational winner from last year. Not to mention all the other great teams out there. Always liked getting the call for a ribbon at any event. Even if it's 9th.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom