Sunday Butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
I smoked a 9 pound butt on Sunday. Didn't give up the bone until about 204, turned out great though. I made a simple slaw, and doctored up a piedmont sauce recipe bigwheel posted awhile ago, can't really see it in the pics, but I assure you it's there, just really thin. The sauce turned out really good but since my adjustment where just the old taste and adjust method I can't really say for sure what I did.

Attachments

• Plated.JPG
    Plated.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Pulled1.JPG
    Pulled1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Rubbed.JPG
    Rubbed.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 451
That is some good looking pulled pork. Butts are the only cut that I gauge by temperature alone. On a few occasions I wish I had used the bone wiggle test.

Looks fine.
I do something close as far as the sauce goes and everyone around here loves it.
Bigwheel pretty much nailed that sauce recipe.
Take it from someone that knows NC BBQ.

Cliff H. said:
That is some good looking pulled pork. Butts are the only cut that I gauge by temperature alone. On a few occasions I wish I had used the bone wiggle test.

It was coming off at that time either way. :D Just happened to pass the bone wiggle test, but I wasn't gonna let it go past 205, I was starting to worry about the carry over.

Well now that is some fine looking vittles. Pushed pork do not have a good history of surviving too long at my house. Now a big old fat brisket might take em nibbling around a few days to polish that off. The pig is usually gone by daylight the next morn. All my Daddy's kin was NC immigrants with a brief layover in Louisiana for a while. They prob hung around at the beer joints in Oppelousasses to listen to the fiddles and get some boiled tail etc. afore continuing the trip to God's Country.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom