TexasBBQRub "Wild" rub..??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jester1

Senior Cook
Has anyone used the TexasBBqRub's "wild" rub before..??? I'v used there brisket and original rub, but I ordered some wild rub... Just wanted to get some opinion and ideas on what to try it on first... hahaha

Jester, I am a big " Wild " fan. I have tried many times to make something that comes close. There is a lot of brown sugar in there. No doubt. There is a lot of other stuff going on in there though.

I love the stuff. What I usually do is not use to much of it on the outside of the meat itself. It works well with pork butts. I usually use my own blend for bark and then I like to add about one cup of " Wild" per butt of rub to the finished product and mix it in by hand. This gives me the " Wild " flavor profile more pronounced than bark alone.

I find that it has a good flavor on brisket but the bark will not act right for me. It stays way to soft.

surfinsapo said:

Was this meant for this thread..?!?

If you haven't used it, then any input that would provide some pertinent information would be helpful... What rub do you prefer..?!? Is it a personal recipe..?!? Anything other than a useless "no" that seems to provide nothing but a bump on your post count...

Jester said:
surfinsapo said:

If you haven't used it, then any input that would provide some pertinent information would be helpful... What rub do you prefer..?!? Is it a personal recipe..?!? Anything other than a useless "no" that seems to provide nothing but a bump on your post count...

No I think he just answered your question. You asked if anybody tried it and he said no. I also haven't tried it but I'm looking forward to hearing from those that have! I do use my own rub quite a bit and I use all three Wolfe rubs that I've modified to me and my families liking. And still no, I haven't tried it!

Nick Prochilo said:
Jester said:
surfinsapo said:

No I think he just answered your question. You asked if anybody tried it and he said no. I also haven't tried it but I'm looking forward to hearing from those that have! I do use my own rub quite a bit and I use all three Wolfe rubs that I've modified to me and my families liking. And still no, I haven't tried it!

Sorry if I sounded harsh there... Rough meeting at work this morning..!! Hahahaa...

Can you still get the Wolfe rubs..?!? I was thinking about getting the recipes since everyone talks so highly of them...

Jester it looks like you still can get the rub recipes, Click on Larry Wolfe profile and on his Blog click on Original Wolfe Rub in takes you to his Pay-pal site with all three rub recipes for $25. I Got them there good and the money goes for a great cause.

Daryl

Vermin999 said:
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/wolfe-rub-bbq-seasoning-recipes.html

Went ahead and sent the money... if its too late, the money is still being donated to his cause. I remember reading his story a while back when I first got in BBQ.

Jester said:
Vermin999 said:

Went ahead and sent the money... if its too late, the money is still being donated to his cause. I remember reading his story a while back when I first got in BBQ.

It won't be too late, Larry is a straight shooter. BTW, you will enjoy the rubs!

Nick Prochilo said:
Jester said:
Vermin999 said:

It won't be too late, Larry is a straight shooter. BTW, you will enjoy the rubs!

I had the recipes waiting in my inbox this morning.... I'm excited about makin the rub myself...!!! Going by Sams on the way home to pick up some bulk spices. Is there one you'd recomend for chicken..?!? I think that's what I'm throwing on te UDS this weekend...

Jester said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Jester said:
Vermin999 said:

I had the recipes waiting in my inbox this morning.... I'm excited about makin the rub myself...!!! Going by Sams on the way home to pick up some bulk spices. Is there one you'd recomend for chicken..?!? I think that's what I'm throwing on te UDS this weekend...

Citrus or Original!

Does anyone know if you can use one of the kitchen gadgets that look like a mini food processor to mix up the rub..?? I don't have a large food processor...

Jester said:
Does anyone know if you can use one of the kitchen gadgets that look like a mini food processor to mix up the rub..?? I don't have a large food processor...

If it all fits. You can also just mix it in a bowl.

I went on my spice hunt and I can't find some of the spices with the exact name as the recipes state... Hmmm... Off to another store to see if they have them...

All my spices was not exact as the recipe but it tasted really close to the Original Rub that I had bought from Larry just before he sold out.

Back
Top Bottom