Beer can chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rev.Jr.

Senior Cook
So one of the presents I got from my kids on Father's Day was one of those beer can chicken set ups. (this one is made by Thermos). Planning on cooking the chicken this weekend on my Weber kettle. Couple of questions: Do I use a full chimney of coals? Of course I'm cooking it indirect, put chicken in middle w/ drip pan and coals on either side, or all the coals banked on one side? What's the best internal temp to pull it off? Thanks

a friend of mine did the beer can chicken on the 4th, and I was shocked how juicy it was. He gave me some to take home...I put it in the fridge, and the next morning ate it for breakfast without heating...I swear, juice ran down my chin...I couldn't believe it.

Captain Morgan said:
a friend of mine did the beer can chicken on the 4th, and I was shocked how juicy it was. He gave me some to take home...I put it in the fridge, and the next morning ate it for breakfast without heating...I swear, juice ran down my chin...I couldn't believe it.

No comment.......... :)

Thanks for all the tips guys and gals. I tried to post a reply from my home computer on Saturday to no avail. (on dial up at home, old computer, etc.,). Anyway, cooked two chickens and they were awesome. Pulled 'em both at 180 and they were perfect. Finney- you're right, there's some great sauce down here..picked up some Kraft Honey Smoked for 67 cents. What a steal! Give me a break....THAT'S why we're trying to transition out of the grocery stores...can't compete with that, especially since 75% of the shoppers are looking at price ONLY!

I was going to borrow one of the digital cameras from work, but ran out of time. Was gonna take a pic of the chicken sitting on a can of Old English 800...thought that might get a response or two. LOL Susan- I'll have to attempt that turkey next. Don't think it will fit on my Weber kettle, though. I'll drag out the Brinkman smoker and start playing with it. (and, no, it's not in the attic) BTW- my wife and kids are loving my rediscovery of cooking with charcoal.

Susan- that rotis is on my wish list. However, convincing my wife that I NEED all of these things at once is a pretty tough sell. Patience, grasshopper.

Back
Top Bottom