Lobster Tail - Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

californiagrillin

Senior Cook
Happy New Years to all. Just picked up some Tri-Tip and Lobster Tails that were on sale at the local food barn. I've got the Tri-Tip covered as far as how to grill them, my question is in regards to the lobster tails. I've never cooked or grilled them before. Any suggestions, comments, do's and dont's would really be appreciated. Thanks!

make clarified butter....cut along inner soft shell with a very sharp scissor.... grill hard shell side down first, grill 2-3 minutes, according to size... turn over, pour a little bit of clarified butter on the meat... grill about 3 maybe 4 minutes, or until meat turns opaque.. let sit for a few minutes, pull meat up, but not completely out of shell, serve

Bobberqer said:
make clarified butter....cut along inner soft shell with a very sharp scissor.... grill hard shell side down first, grill 2-3 minutes, according to size... turn over, pour a little bit of clarified butter on the meat... grill about 3 maybe 4 minutes, or until meat turns opaque.. let sit for a few minutes, pull meat up, but not completely out of shell, serve
Thanks Bobberqer! Do I grill this over medium heat, high heat, direct or indirect?

californiagrillin said:
Bobberqer said:
Thanks Bobberqer! Do I grill this over medium heat, high heat, direct or indirect?

Medium will work fine.

Nick Prochilo said:
californiagrillin said:
Bobberqer said:

Medium will work fine.

Thanks Nick! Let you guys know how it turned out.

Nick is my Lawnguyland brother from unnda mudder... if he says medium, it's medium!!

Just don't overcook em, or they will get stringy on ya

Back
Top Bottom