Old Grandad annual cook.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
OK, I have totally embarrassed myself with yet another cheesy video.

Had to go to two parts cause it was hard cramming 8 hours into 10 minutes. So Part 1 is 7.5 and the other is a little shorter. I edited out the part with a tear in my eye. The ribs got wrapped when I like the color.

Part 1
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d...on=view&current=OldGrandadannualcook_0001.flv

Part 2
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d...?action=view&current=OldGrandadpart2_0001.flv

Until next year. I fire it up once a year, never on the same day. I like to keep it spontanious and when I'm in the mood. Grandad taught me to like getting hit in the eyes with smoke and tending to the pit to make the best Q.

RonbeauxQ

RB that was excellent. I really enjoyed seeing the old cooker. I'm sure your Grandad is proudly looking down. Thanks.

ronbeaux50 Man I enjoyed the vids of this cook! The Ole Grandad is
a cookin' machine ;) There's another 50 plus years of cookin' in him! Thanks
for sharin' this excellent cook :D

8)

Wonderful cook in Granddads memory! Food looked awesome, he'd be proud!

Is the box on the six a firebox or more of a table?

Larry Wolfe said:
Wonderful cook in Granddads memory! Food looked awesome, he'd be proud!

Is the box on the six a firebox or more of a table?

It is like a warming oven built into the side. No smoke enters, it just stays warm while you are cooking.

Great video. For a cooker thats 55 years old your Granddad sure knew how to build something to last. What a way to honor him by cooking with his creation.

Great video, great looking food. I always enjoy seeing people do things that keep them connected with their families, and the memories of loved ones, whether it's music, cooking, or whatever. Thanks for posting the videos!

Ron, that was funny when you said,"It's that time I guess" and then you opened the beer... This was a awesome video Ron.. You're a true Texan!! Killer BBQ.. BTW are you going to the Crawfish fest again this year? I had a blast.

surfinsapo said:
Ron, that was funny when you said,"It's that time I guess" and then you opened the beer... This was a awesome video Ron.. You're a true Texan!! Killer BBQ.. BTW are you going to the Crawfish fest again this year? I had a blast.
I'm sure we will. All my working buddies live there and we have our own party and just slide back and forth to the fest depending on which band is playing.

surfinsapo said:
Ron, that was funny when you said,"It's that time I guess" and then you opened the beer... This was a awesome video Ron.

One of my favorite parts too. Food looked great! Thanks for sharing one of your cooking "moments".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom