Hurricane Dennis now a Cat 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
winds up to 105 mph. Expected to be a Cat 3 before landfall, could be Florida or Alabama......good luck to all our q'ers in those areas.

Seriously, if they urge ya'll to evacuate please do so! It ain't worth taking the chance.

If that thing comes ashore near Gulf Shores, AL I don't know what those people are going to do, they haven't recovered from Ivan yet from last season. Keep an eye out everyone.

Greg Rempe said:
Sometimes you pay a price to live in paradise... :)

Son Greg is right of course. I wouldn't trade it for anything...except Saratoga Springs. You mention Gulf Shores. There are many communities from Punta Gorda to Arcadia that are further behind than Gulf Shores. Many communities no one ever heard got creamed by Charlie, Francis and Jean last year and have 1000's of people living in FEMA homes still...and RV's and cars. They can't stay there if another one comes ashore and they have no place to go except the shelters if one does. And of course if it does miss us it hits somewhere else which makes you happy and concerned at once. A Real emotional roll-a-coaster this hurricane stuff. Better go gas up the generator. Looks like we're fixn' for a blow.

:beach: For now...

Airboss,

I didn't mean to upset you by mentioning Gulf Shores, I mention it because I vacation there every year and I'm familiar with the conditions there. I am aware that other cities are hurting as well, I wasn't implying that Gulf Shores was thonly victims.

I could have mentioned 20 cities and then someone would have gotten mad that I left another one off the list. All the people of Florida and the Gulf Coast in general suffered last year, I sincerely hope they have it easier this year.

No, no, no! Please Bruce, no offense taken. That's the problem with the printed word. We all know many folks were affected in some way from the Panhandle to the Keys. I'm sorry if I came off as an over officious sh _ _.

No, No Airboss I would never mistake you for somebody who lives in Cleveland :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Let's hope everyone stays safe, keep your head down and your spirits up.

we got a little rain from Cindy last night, no biggie. If Dennis heads this way, it won't be a hurricane by the time it gets here. I'm heading to Charlotte this weekend though....hope I don't meet Dennis the Menace there!

Captain Morgan said:
So if Dennis crashes through Gitmo, and kills all the Islamic terrorists, would that be the will of Allah?

No the US as Humane as we are, would evacuate them! Send them to Haiti, they'll be fine there!

He's gonna grow after Cuba...if he comes off there at Cat 3 strength, we are looking at an Andrew/Camille situation wherever he hits. Not good.

If anyone cares, it's hot as hell in Cleveland and we haven't had rain in weeks...hurricane shmuricane!!

(just kidding of course!! :!:)

Dateline Sarasota: 7PM 7/8. Usual pre hurricane humidity. (very high for now, less when the storm passes as the low pressure sucks all the moisture toward the storm)

Some early "rain bands" delivering off and on heavy showers already.

Local TV has Denny passing by about 200 miles to the west. That means heavy rain, tropical storm conditions and gusts enough to take in all the patio and lanai furniture. You all remember Charlie? Dead game to Tampa then takes an unprecedented hard right into downtown Punta Gorda. These ain't ever over til they're over.

Saturday noon-Sunday noon will tell the story.

Warning! Don't believe what you see or hear on the TV or read on the net. They make things worse or better than they are and other than the Weather Channel gang, they ain't here.

Sure could use some of Shawn's ribeyes right now. Nothing makes me hungrier than a big blow.

Airboss, I ain't liking that report. If you're getting rain bands and tropical storm winds, I hope you've prepped. I know you're monitoring the storm, but like you said, they turn. Be careful.

Back
Top Bottom