Wings, also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm planning on frying at about 375, 12 to 15 mins, then tossing in several sauces. I read one opinion that said carefully lowering frozen wings into the grease results in crispy wings..any truth to that?

Also, if ya'll read that thread about the A-! Chicago marinade on the bullet site, I bought it today. Didn't like it too much, but will serve some anyway....any experience with this stuff?

Never heard that one about frozen wings. I'm interested in the results if you try it.

I don't know about the frozen wing thing. If you try it, make sure you put less in the fryer at a time. If not, you will get a temp drop in your oil temp. Hot oil is what makes things crispy.
Fill the fryer with oil and cook in small batches. They don't have to be tiny, just don't over load the cooker. 8)

Never had the Chicago A-1, but somebody was raving about it on the TVWB site. Put it on some wings, there is always somebody that will eat anything at a SB party. And who knows, you might like it once it's on there.

I would assume that by lowering the wings in slowly, your allowing the wings to heat up a few at a time as opposed to plunging the entire mass of frozen poultry into the hot oil, cooling it. The hotter the oil, easier to get crispy wings without having to cook the crap out of them.

I don't know about the frozen wings and hot oil. I wouldn't try it brother!

I've had the A-1 Steakhouse Marinade on steak and country ribs before. I thought it was pretty good, never had it on chicken though.

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3ib20wji]I've had the A-1 Steakhouse Marinade on steak and country ribs before. I thought it was pretty good, never had it on chicken though.

It's not the same product. Dumb Ass.[/quote:3ib20wji]

YES IT IS EL FUCKY!

If you drop a full load of frozen wings in that...you WILL BE SORRY!!! Can you say FIRE!! Better call Nick! :D

Back
Top Bottom