Griff (da Nova)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Way cool. I'll try to post a pic of my car when I get home tonight. But it's a little older and not near so fast.

Griff

The thing is NOT consistent in times. It's got a mind of its own. It IS fun to whale the snot out of it though. Old school, No electronics, No computers. Kids and there damn 4 poppers and lap tops. Heads up, We do well.

Were working on a 68 396 Comaro convertible now for a customer. NOT a Cinderella story where the car sat in storage in granny's barn. IT WAS! Crazy indeed. I can post pics if you like, The thing is in wonderful shape. Original paint and all numbers matching. What do you think that thing is worth? To make it even more funny it's got the stock GM exhaust on it.

I join Susan in wanting to see the the pics of the other car.

Here's a pic of my 1929 Model A Ford coupe with rumble seat. Not as fast as your Nova but looks better with flags on the bumper for the 4th of July.

Griff

Pigs

What DO you think that 396 is worth?

Yeah, T's are tricky to drive. The A has the standard 3 speed "H" on the floor. The stricly mechanical brakes take a little more effort. My dad restored the car and gave it to me 8 years ago. I figure I'm a temporary custodian until I pass it on to one of my sons.

Griff

Griff said:
Pigs

What DO you think that 396 is worth?

Yeah, T's are tricky to drive. The A has the standard 3 speed "H" on the floor. The stricly mechanical brakes take a little more effort. My dad restored the car and gave it to me 8 years ago. I figure I'm a temporary custodian until I pass it on to one of my sons.

Griff
Griff: I don't know what it's worth. The owner turned down $10,000 so far. The clock in the dash even works. Being a convertible big block I guess it's worth $25,000 in the shape it's in now. It's a odd ball. Has factory AC also.Kind of nice he wants to keep it ALL original. Any one can restore a antique, It takes a REAL man to hack one up. :grin: I also know where you can pick up a 1933 Chevy all original for ten grand if any one is interested. 2 door coop, unmolested. Fine shape. Cool car indeed.

Spent last Saturday at the drag strip. Drag racing is another vice of mine. $10,000 in prize money available. Big car class had to do a 470 on an 1/8 mile track. Fella turned a 468 in a 68 corvette. Supercharged with a huge blower. Thats crankin 158mph at the finish line. I can't imagine how that must feel comming out of the hole. Gotta be a rush.

I cooked the hog and got to hang around the motor heads. Great fun!

Jack

WOW Jack, That's humping. We just got into the 7's with the Nova (1/8 track) It didn't come with out a price. Chipped a tooth on the ring gear bad. 3:73 gears. Were going to run it till it pukes it's guts. Got a 9 inch with a Detroit locker 4:10's lined up when it does blow. (And it will) :grin: :-(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom